Monday, January 21, 2008

Good Morning Girls,

It is COLD!!! We have frosted windowpanes here @ Mt. Pleasant. It has always been a joke about making ear cozies for Jingle, but I'm thinking it may be time to actually make them...?! Brrrrrrr! This is SOUP weather.

I stayed up all night while Scott returned to work. This gets us back in the groove for night shift. Everything is DONE & READY for us to go back to work! Saturday we went to market. Yesterday we went to the grocery store. I vacuumed upstairs & down. Cleaned the bathroom. Did laundry. I have meals ready too. While I'm NEVER ready to go back to work, it makes me feel good knowing the house is in order.

I did my mending the other day. I hemmed & put elastic in the waistbands of 3 pairs of pants - a pair of jeans, a pair of cords & the Kenneth Cole, black, leather pants from thrift shopping over the Summer! Get back, girlfriends!!! ; )

I am continuing to sew the stars on the baby quilt. I have 2 1/2 left to do but, I will have to wait to sew on the last one until after the baby is born. I want to quilt in the label which is where the last star will go on the top of the quilt. I can't do the label 'til the baby is born & we know the name! Sew...

Meanwhile, I am reading 2 books. My first Joe Grey Mystery, titled, "Cat Breaking Free" and on the heavier side, "Dreams From My Father" by Barack Obama. I've been enjoying both! What are you guys sewing, reading or watching...?!

Scott's home & it's time for breakfast! Than sleep!!! Keep warm!!!
Piecefully, Pam

4 comments:

Dolores said...

Hey Everyone - I finally figured out why I'm not getting any emails - Joe Byrnes has been getting them all and not telling me. My email address is
dolby815@comcast.net Cathy is was so nice to see you, your family and your mom last night, thank you. LA I can't believe your pregnant, congratulations! Welcome home Jean & family. All the Byrnes' are well except for Joe is still sick. Finished up a couple of things, two baby quilts for my sister and the Rage Softball quilt but other than that not much else going on. See everyone soon - and stay warm.

Lori said...

Dolores-- I had your email address then somehow I saw Joe's being used, so I switched. Glad you cleared that up for us. It's good to hear from you!!

quiltmamajb said...

Dolores...welcome back!!! Hope Ryan's birthday was fun. Did you ever finish the t-shirt quilt for the lady with no t-shirts? Pam - wish I was as organized as you - that's my goal every Sunday and it never seems to happen. I read two good books while away - Nineteen Minutes (Jodi Piccoult)from Dolores and Touching Stars (Emilie Richards) from Cathy - I'll be returning them, girls....finally. Thanks.....Cath - how did Tim make out today? Was thinking of you all day. Hope it went well...God will give you strength the next few days. And you have us too. See you...piece.

Cathy said...

Thanks for all of your prayers. Tim did well today. We won't know if the surgery was successful or not for 2 -3 weeks. He's been sleeping since he got home, but the Dr. said the surgery went well. Thanks again.