Sunday, October 21, 2007

Good Afternoon Girls,

Isn't this weather gorgeous?!?!?! We have windows open, wash on the line, Jingle in the backyard, & we ALL are enjoying the abundant sunshine!!! : ) Today is the end of our Fall Break. It's been a full, but pleasant week. It feels nice to be going a little slower today.

Jean, you will pick up our quilts this afternoon, right? If so, you can just hang onto mine until Bee on Tuesday, if you don't mind. Fourteen pillowcases?! Wow!!! What's the occasion?!

Lori - you're not going to the Guild Show? What about the ladder you wanted to buy? He is one of the vendor's @ the Show...?!

Mare - missed you @ the Guild auction. I did buy a few items. We had to leave before it was finished.

Well, I survived the Gala's! I don't wish to do that again any time too soon! I'm tired of "Gala food." It's the same regardless of where you are - chicken, fish, pasta, overcooked vegetables. : P

My bad. Three weeks 'til Brigantine. Maybe I'm just a little bit anxious...

Thanks Cathy. For those who haven't been to the Guild Show, yes, I did win a ribbon...

Cloth & Bobbin will be featured in the Style section of the Philadelphia Magazine this week. Look for the article in Tuesday's addition @ their website. Kudo's Johanna!!! : )

And, the woman who is the Founder of ConKerr, will be a featured guest on the Martha Stewart show this Tuesday. She makes pillowcases for children with cancer, she is a local woman, & her initiative is growing!!! If her son is well enough, he will go to NY & be on the show too! Set your VCR.

Piecefully, Pam

5 comments:

Dolores said...

Hey guys, sorry I missed the quilt show, Joe and I were down the shore for the weekend. We had to find a house to rent for next summer. It was a beautiful weekend. I'll see everyone at bee this week. take care
Dolores

quiltmamajb said...

What a nice weekend!! Hope everyone enjoyed it. I have to point out something - Pam, in her most humble way, mentioned that she won a ribbon. She actually had three quilts judged and came home with four ribbons! The Trip around the World quilt won third place in pieced bed quilt. Her miniature started in the George Siciliano class won second in the miniature division - and , drum roll please, the Pleasant Plates quilt won a second place ribbon and the Mayor's Choice award. Every year the guild invites the mayor of Brookhaven to the gala dinner and has him pick his favorite quilt in the whole show. He picked Pam's Plates. Pam - very well done. The Quiltmamas are so proud of you!!!! Remember the gals at the quilt weekend who were so impressed that you were friends with Karen Kay Buckley and had actually been in her studio - that's going to be some of us in years to come. We'll be impressing folks by telling them, 'Yep, we knew Pam when she first put her studio together - we were there when she won her first ribbons in the Undercover Quilter's guild show and when she taught her first class.' So cool....the show was very nice and had some beautiful quilts. I did pick up your prize-winning quilts, Pam and will bring them to bee at Cathy's on Tuesday. I'll be there after Burkie gets home from school - about 7:30 or so. No juicy stories till I get there!!! Got half my 14 pillowcases done - Kelly's been sick all weekend so I'm spending a lot of time holding her hand. They're gifts for the girls on the volleyball team. See you all on Tuesday, I hope. Piece....

lois said...

Jean,
I'm glad you said it. I was ready to. Pam is way too humble!! She deserves much credit for her beautiful quilts. I was at the show earlier today. Your quilts were very beautiful also, Jean. Also saw the naked ladies.

sewpam63 said...

Thank you for your kind words, ladies. Jean - thanks for delivering & picking up the quilts. I truly appreciate it! I hope Kelly is feeling better. Lois - glad you made it to the Show. I thought it was nice, & am always amazed by the talent in the Guild. I told Maureen Hoffman that I want to be like her when I grow up! ; ) Have a nice Monday, & I am looking forward to seeing everyone on Tuesday! Piecefully, Pam

Lori said...

Pam--CONGRATULATIONS!!!!We are so proud of you!!!! You must be very happy!! Did Mama Barb get to see the show and your quilts hanging with their ribbons??? I hope so!!
I didn't get to the show. We had a packed weekend! I'll tell you all about it at bee this week.
I'm disappointed I missed it, but it just wasn't in the cards.
I may just order a quilt ladder and rack from the website. I wanted to see them at the show but...
Hope everyone had a great weekend. It was beautiful!! My kind of fall.
Have a great day and I'll hopefully see everyone at bee.