Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Good Evening Girls,

Thanks for stopping over for Bee last evening. I'm glad Mo finally got to see the studio!!! : ) We were glad to have you.

Mare - how is your tooth? We missed you this morning on our Hayloft trip! When do you leave for Vegas?

Jean - thank you SO much for delivering the quilts. I am going over to the Municipal Building tomorrow afternoon to help with hanging them. How was your class this evening?

Cathy - your TATW project is awesome!!! The colors are very vibrant!!! : ) I'll see you in class tomorrow evening. ; )

Lori - was the Hayloft what you expected? It's pretty BIG! I am amazed @ their inventory, not just the fabrics, but the notions, books & patterns too! And, I think they have good prices.

Mo - thanks for driving us to the Hayloft today! And, you can tell the whole story @ Bee next week, but Mo had a shopping cart @ the Hayloft...?! ; )

LA - you were missed during today's trip also. No jelly rolls were to be found in your desired design, sorry. In your honor, Lori ate Wind Mill chicken! ; )

Lois - what's shakin' on your end?!

Peggy & Dolores - sorry if you couldn't find your way to Mt. Pleasant last evening. I heard a story about Joe B. calling Mrs. D. for my address. Cathy didn't want to give it to him without knowing WHY he wanted it! Thanks for looking out for me Cath! ; )

Dolores - did you get my email with the Bernina rebate? Do it, girl!!! It's a hundred smackers!!! Just think of the fabric!? See what a good value your Gracie is! The rebate is good for machines that were on sale too, so a demo should be no exception. If you need the Hinkletown data, I have their business card & you can photocopy it onto your receipt. Go, girl...SEW, girl!!!

Other tidbits...did you know we've been blogging for over a year now?! Yep, we started back on October 11, 2006. Thanks all for your participation & support! : )

Jean, LA, Lois, Dolores or Peggy - do any of you have a need for a book case? If not, it will go to Marianne's Joanna for her class room.

Indeed, I DID finish my quilt projects in time for the Guild Show. Thanks for your support & encouragement along the way!!! I have a certain sense of relief having met the dead line, & for having completed the Pleasant Plates quilt!

Might anyone have a dressy black tank top or short sleeve tee that I could borrow to wear on Saturday evening? All I have is cotton, & I need something dressier to wear with chiffon & silk. This will be a "Gala weekend...?!" ; )

Also, not to be forgotten! Boonie Barb is IN for the Lancaster '08 weekend!!! : )

One last item, Cathy can host Bee next week. See you then, or perhaps @ the Guild Show!

I have to go clean my Gertrude (440) sewing machine! ; )
Piecefully, Pam

3 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

I am so intrigued by the shopping cart.....sounds like next week's show & tell is not to be missed! Pam and Cathy - enjoy your last class this evening - those three weeks flew by! Dolores - missed you and Mary last night - did you skip because your homework wasn't done?? How did everyone else do at the Hayloft? Thanks for the offer the offer of the bookcase - I'd love to have it for fabric but I just don't have the space. Want everyone to know that Peggy has her class quilt top finished and is ready to baste! Very impressive! Lots of Wawa coffee?? Hope you guys get to the guild show....maybe see you there on Sunday afternoon. Have a great day....piece.

Lori said...

The Hayloft was great. I was telling Pam, I was surprised to see such up-to-date fabrics. I was the big spender. I purchased fabric for pillow cases (I made 4 when I got home-before the kids got home), fabric for the tee shirt quilt, and fabric for borders for the quilt top I purchased at Rices. I need advice on that. The quilt top was completely hand pieced. I bought border fabric for 2 borders. I washed them and thought I would hand piece the 2 strips together, then sew them onto the sides. Last night I hand pieced enough for 1 side, the whole time thinking, I could have this sewn on the top by now if I did it by machine. My question---should I continue by hand since the top is all hand pieced, or does it really matter??? Pam...Jean...anyone...?
I did use the self threading needle Pam, and did like them, although a little big. Do they come in sizes??
Leighanne--I did like the Windmill chicken. I will ride back up on a Friday with you sometime if you feel the need!!!
Have a great day.

quiltmamajb said...

Lori - I'd hand sew it - it maintains the handmade quality of the piece. It's not something that you need done next week - it'll be something you can take with you to hand sew at different times, places, events. It's very relaxing. Glad you enjoyed the Hayloft....everyone have a nice weekend! Piece....