Sunday, October 14, 2007

Good Evening Girls,

Geez, we were busy today! It's been 6 months since Scott & I moved the living room, & set-up our joint studio space. We've determined this is definitely working! So...sew, we made a few changes today. Nothing major, but it required moving some furniture & books & such. I now have a bookcase up for dibs if anyone is interested. It's the one that's in my "old" sewing room.

It was also a terrific day for hanging laundry out on the line! I did 2 loads of wash which included fabric & the BIG Trip Around the World quilt. I hate that feeling of putting a quilt in the washing machine & hoping that it won't fly apart while being laundered. I always open the washing machine lid with a little trepidation...will there just be one enormous thread tangle in there...?! It came out just fine. : ) It's ready to go to the Guild Quilt Show!

Tomorrow the Pleasant Plates quilt will be laundered. GULP!!! I am hoping ALL the pencil marks wash out?! So, I got the sleeve tacked down, the corners sewn closed & all the basting pins out of it today. I have come up with a label design. Tomorrow I hope to make the label & get it stitched in place...

I have been basting a 1/4" "seam" in my hanging sleeves. I think I read the tip in a Fons & Porter book?! Once the sleeve is stitched in place, you remove that 1/4" seam, & it gives a place for the hanging rod to fit. It prevents a bow or pucker in the front of the quilt. I like how it works & looks. The quilt hangs a little nicer.

Recently, I bought fabric @ Burkholder's & the Hayloft which is called "Sahara cloth" & it's by Marcus Brothers. I am REALLY liking it!!! It has the look of hand dyed or sueded fabric...without the $$$ price. It also feels tightly woven, like a batik. I laundered it today, & it washes nicely too. Dolores saw it last Friday. It comes in a dark or muted color palette. I can hardly wait to use some in a project!

Cathy - I am glad to hear Mike is doing well. And, your Dad too!!! I was happy to hear you were SEWING!!! today. : )

How is everyone else? What's going on?

Jean - how has class been?

Dolores - how is that Gracie machine?!

Hey, if anyone has plastic bags...Jingle is starting to run a little low... he's SO embarrassed!!! Don't tell him I asked, okay?!

Have a good Monday! Looking forward to seeing anyone on Tuesday for Bee, & Wednesday for the Hayloft!

Piecefully, Pam

4 comments:

Lori said...

Hi everyone--
Looking forward to Wed. Pam-I have plenty of bags for Jingle, I will bring them on Wed. since I won't be able to stop by on Tues. John will be out of town and Linday and Johnny have a Confirmation meeting and the parents have to attend also.
I am actually making a list for Wed. I would like to buy some repro fabric for that hand pieced quilt top I purchased. I am going to add borders to it and may hand quilt it this winter. I haven't hand quilted in a long time and am itching to do it again. I also need fabric for a tee shirt quilt and I would like to buy some nautical fabric for some pillow cases. Do you think I can find all that at the Hayloft??? After all this WILL be my FIRST venture into the elusive Hayloft!!!
Have a great day!!

quiltmamajb said...

Hello, girls! Happy Monday. What a beautiful day! Pam - how nice for you to
have off this whole week. Our students only have Monday and Tesday. It'll
make Wednesday's class a lot easier - not having to wake up and go. I need
to arrange to pick up your quilts to take to the guild show drop-off on
Wednesday. I have a meeting till about 8 or so tomorrow night - could I
stop over after that? The guild's show is this weekend ladies - if you get
a chance to go over, it's really nice. It's in Brookhaven. Hope the Hayloft
girls have a great time on Wednesday - wish I was going. Hey - will you be
picking the secret santa names while you're together? Who is in? I am! Mare
- your Mom get to Scotland ok? Are you enjoying some peace and quiet? Glad
to hear that Mr. D. is up and around - must be going crazy not being able
to garden! Lois - your button house hanging is absolutely adorable! How
about all that rain when we left Lori's last week - wasn't that something?
Dolores - how is Gracie - I think we feel a bit like her aunts - being
there when she came into the family and all! Whoever is going - have a safe
and fun trip. See the rest of you soon.....piece.

Peggy said...

I am so confused, which of course is not hard to do. Are we having a bee on Tuesday night? Who is hosting? Can I come?

quiltmamajb said...

Peggy - it is at Pam's house on Tuesday and you may certainly come! If you have bags for Jingle, bring them along - only don't let him see them - he embarrasses easily! See you....piece.