Saturday, October 27, 2007

Hello!

Was there a Friday Hayloft trip...?! Who went - Lor, LA...?! I know Dolores is coveting those flannels... ; ) What good buys were gotten?! Did you make a pit stop @ the Wind Mill?

I have my 440 machine (Gertrude) packed for a trip to Hinkletown tomorrow. After ALL the sewing she's done - she is over due for a spa treatment! So, she's going in for annual cleaning & service. I am taking her walking foot & the BSR for routine maintenance too. Mare & Dolores - as you have your 440 machines cared for throughout the years, remember to include their BSR & walking foot as well. You other girls, when you have your machines cleaned annually, your walking foot should be taken in for service also. They'll clean & oil it, + check the sole. ; )

Meanwhile, I set-up & cleaned my 1530 (Maude) machine! She sews beautifully & makes me smile. What a fine machine.

I plan on picking up Gertrude next Saturday on my way to or from the Jennifer Chiaverini luncheon, where I will meet up with Boonie Barb! : ) I'll be sewing with Maude this week! She's practicing & getting ready for Brigantine!!!

Speaking of my Maude machine...Jean, have you run your basting stitch lately? It had been a little while for Maude. I held my breath, pushed the buttons & put her through the paces. No problems. Whew!

I started working on a Piece 'o Cake design table runner. It's a tear sheet I pulled from magazine I don't know how long ago...?! It's wonky, fun & bright! Sort of "Cat in the Hat" like.

What stuff is everyone else sewing?! How are the projects from Jean's class coming along? Mare, Peggy, Dolores...?!

Lois - are you getting ready for your trip? What's the latest baby news? ; )

Cath - how's that ear? Two antibiotics & Prednisone?! Ouch!!!

Have a good weekend. It's perfect sewing weather!!! ; )
Piecefully, Pam

3 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Hey, everyone. What lousy weather out there. A good time to stay in and sew, I hope. Pam - I try to remember to run a basting stitch every time I clean and oil the machine. I'm always a little nervous to put my project right on the machine after it's oiled so I use a scrap and run some basting stitches first. I had a good teacher on that! I'm hoping to bring the Irish blocks to the shore - I want to have them all hand-sewn and be putting the blocks together...the best laid plans....I may not be coming till Saturday after the race. Burkie may be running with Erin so I'll man the water station. I think it was decided no bee this week beause of Halloween - am I right on that? Pam - there is a Holy day but that's later in the week! Mare - you leave for Vegas on Halloween, right? Good luck! Peggy is basted and will most likely have her quilt all quilted by next class - as we have off this week for Halloween...way to go, kid! Cath - hope you're feeling lots better. Betsy Henry told me she saw your quilt and was just raving about it. She's right - it's fantastic! Everyone have a nice weekend. Piece....

Lori said...

Hi girls--We didn't have a Hayloft trip on Friday. Some mixup with the repairs to LA's windshield. We may run up another day. I think LA wants some supplies for the shore weekend.
Speaking of weekend. I spent yesterday sewing quietly. John took the kids down the shore (we just purchased a townhouse/condo). There was an assoc. meeting. I had several halloween costumes to work on as well as school pants to cut and hem. Gotta love that blind hem stitch on your sewing machine!!! Anyway costumes finished and pants hemmed! Mission accomplished! What a great day to stay home and sew--wish it was quilting I was doing, but...had to get done.
What about running a basting stitch??? Are you supposed to run 1 if you haven't sewn in awhile???
Jean--I'm anxious to see your Irish blocks all together! I bet it'll look great!!!
About the shore--it looks like I'll be good to go on Friday AM. Anyone else good for that departure?? I can drive.
I am bringing the French Toast cassarole and I don't know what else.
Cath--how's your ear?? I hope your feeling better.
Have a good day.

Cathy said...

Yesterday was the perfect day to quilt/sew. My ear is feeling much better - thanks everyone for the good wishes. Lori - glad to hear you got your costumes/pants done.
I'm not sure about running the basting stitch either. Looking forward to the shore. Mare - Have a great time in Vegas. Everyone else have a great Halloween. Take care.