Sunday, October 28, 2007

Good Afternoon Girls,

The weekend was just packed!!! : ) Lot of Autumnal prep work being done around our home. It's good, but it means Winter is nearby & I'm not so sure I'm ever truly ready for Winter...

The patio furniture has been put away 'til next Spring. The garage is housing our car. We carved 2 more pumpkins - squirrels & weather be damned! Scott & I both did wardrobe changeover. The vegetable garden beds have been put to rest for the season. And, this week I will be looking forward to making a big pot of soup! ; )

I didn't get to sew as much as I had hoped, but I did do some hand applique. I cut up an old, red wool coat with plans of felting the wool for a future sewing project. I removed a bunch of mother of pearl buttons from clothing destined for the rag bag. And, I have some old flannel sheets & a polar fleece throw ready to cut to size for making Jingle pillow cases or crate liners.

My 440 is in the care of Mr. Zimmerman in Hinkletown. I plan on picking her up next Saturday. Only the Bernina 1530 needs to have it's basting stitch run periodically. No one else need worry.

Glad to hear if some of you ladies got to sew a bit over the weekend. : )

Cath - glad too if your ear is feeling better!

Lor - congrats on the Beach condo!

Jean - I can hardly wait to see your Irish Cottage blocks! It's been a lot of work!! Kudo's to you!!! : )

Regarding Brigantine...I can leave anytime after Friday morning. What should I plan on bringing?! Wine? Snacks? Real food? What would you guys like?

Enjoy your week! It's full moon & pretty close to Halowe'en...be careful!!! Cackle...!!! ; )
Piecefully, Pam

4 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Lori - congrats on the beach place - where is it? Near a quilt shop, perhaps? A busy weekend - no time to sew but I did get the Stripping Happy book for my birthday and have started reading it - want to start one ASAP! What is everyone being for Halloween?
Piece.....

LA said...

Hi everyone,
Cathy - glad your feeling better. You didn't seem yourself when I saw you on Friday in Joanns. Jean - you (and John) enjoy Strip Happy. Mare borrowed mine and I'm not sure I really want it back...you know?!?!?! Lori - I do want to get to the Hayloft but I think I am out of time. I really don't have any days left before the shore. Pam - sounds like you enjoyed your busy weekend. This is my favorite time of year! Lois - have a great trip. Dolores - the store in Springfield (I won't say the name) had flannel for 2.00/yd and 4.79/yd. I was thinking of you! Consuelo - are you set for the shore? Were you able to find enough people to help for the Pope Run? Peggy - how is your class quilt coming along. Can't wait to see it.
I am out of my slump -- I cut fabric for 4 quilts and 2 schlep bags this weekend. I decided that I can not do quilting activites when Sean is awake...he said he wanted to clean my cutting mat, so he proceeded to shake his sippy cup of chocolate milk onto the mat...so helpful!! I love children! Has anyone recieved any strange emails today? I think there is a virus going around the comcast emails. Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather! I just stood at the corner by my office and saw the Presidential motorcade go by...it was cool but there are so many more important ways that the money used for that could be spent...like on people who really need it for food in the US or fabric! Happy Sewing! Love, LA

Consuelo said...

Hey girls,
Just a note that I received a few strange emails too. I got one from Cathy, Mike and Marianne. I opened them because I knew the email addresses. When you open the email, it looks like something is loading. I closed them right away and ran a virus scan. Hopefully my machine will be ok. I'd suggest not opening any emails unless they have a detailed subject and you know who they're from. Stay away from those chain emails!!!

quiltmamajb said...

LA - Burkie asked me if I got anything from him - he got one from you....it was his IBM machine so it was scanned but you can't be too careful! Glad you're out of your slump. There will be lots of Christmas presents being churned out in Brigantine - that's for sure! Cath - glad you're feeling better. Everyone have a nice Halloween! Piece...