Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Good Morning Girls,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEAN!!! : )

Thanks for Bee last evening. It was FUN, fast & full!!! Cathy, thanks for hosting us. Poor Mike...we're loud!

Cathy - how is your ear this morning? I hope you're feeling better! Thanks for showing your stash buys from the Hayloft! Great colors & fun prints! Speaking of which, your TATW quilt is COOL!!! GREAT job, Cath! : ) Are you taking your machine down to Hayes' today? I hope you can soon QUILT!!! Keep us posted.

Jean - thanks again for delivering & picking up the Guild quilts. Wasn't it FUN to put Peggy's Naked Ladies in the Show?! It generated a lot of buzz...! ; ) Hope Kelly is well, & going to school today! Happy, happy b-day to YOU!!!

Maureen - LOOK @ your stash!!! Did you see how FAR Dolores leaned across the coffee table to f-o-n-d-l-e your flannel...? It is EXCELLENT, Mo! : ) AND, how 'bout the perfect, little, zippered bag for storage?! Thanks to Lori! Know the QM juju is working for Matt. Keep us posted on his status!

Lois - hey, you make GOOD cup cakes! Thanks for celebrating Jean & sharing with us QM's! ; D Keep us posted on baby news, please!!! Safe travels & give them all a BIG QM squeeze when you get to WA! Good job working on Christmas presents - already. You can inspire & motivate the rest of us!

Lori - thanks for sharing your many zippered bags! Did you hear why she had SO many of them...?! Also, your antique quilt is AWESOME! The border fabrics are good choices, Lor. So is your decision to hand piece the project! Hey, thanks too for sharing your stash buys from the Hayloft - nice brights & novelty prints!

Peggy - thanks for being willing to have your Naked Ladies in the Guild Show. Sorry if you were stuck going to the Eagle's game instead of the Guild Quilt Show. : / When do we get to SEE your a-word quilt top from Jean's class?! I am SEW impressed by you! : ) The Wawa coffee Intervention WORKED!!! Can you visit LA with a BIG GULP, please...?!

Mare - you were talking about wool applique @ Bee! Neat-o!!! Try Lady Fingers for black flannel. Just give them a call. They usually carry a heathered, black, flannel that might just be the thing. Also, consider using a heavier weight thread on top. What about a variegated thread even...?! ; )

Dolores - hey, it was nice to SEE Veronica! She's a cutie! I liked her socks, but didn't want to actually say anything to her & embarrass her!!! : ) Glad if you're liking your Gracie machine!!! Tell me about using your BSR!?!?! Are you doing it?! Is it working?! Do you like it?! Hurry up!!! Also, did you send in the rebate thing? I saw a copy of the Fons & Porter magazine @ Cathy's. That's where the coupon originated...fyi!

LA - sew girl!?!?!? What are you taking to Brigantine?!?!?!

Thanks ALL for looking @ & ooohing over my quilts. : ) You guys make me blush. So...sew, for those who don't know...I put 3 quilts in the Guild Show & won 4 ribbons. A third place for my Stripping Around the World, second place for my miniature Thank Fool quilt, & a second place & Mayor's Choice for my Pleasant Plates quilt! I was truly surprised & pleased!

I'm not sure what I will be working on next. I know I said I'd go back to the Pastel Bubbles project, but something smaller would be nice after finishing that BIG Pleasant Plates quilt! Maybe a table runner. Also, I soon need to start the baby quilt for Deb's daughter.

If I've missed anything girls, please make additions! It's hard keeping up with ALL the conversations, show & tell, etc!!! We need a Bee stenographer!

Don't forget the Secret Santa name you drew. I hope it didn't go through the wash...?! Fifteen to twenty bucks is the limit, girls! Have FUN!!! ; )
Piecefully, Pam

ATTN: You may want to click on the quiltersbuzz link on the left side of our blog. They are going to be participating in Quilt Mart, which occurs just prior to the Houston Quilt Show. They will be giving us scoops on the newest & the latest...have you heard about Moda's Layer Cakes...?! ; ) Check it out!

8 comments:

Dolores said...

Hey guys,

Had a great time at bee last night, thank's for calling and getting me down there, I've been working way too much and needed a little fun. Pam and Cathy I love your quilts. Pam I promise to listen closely if you ever want to show me how to do that around the world quilt I really love it and would love to try. Jean happy birthday, I already prepared Joe for next year's Houston trip. LA anytime you want to go to the Hayloft I'm in. I will even take a day off if necessary, I want some of those Flannels. Lori, thank you for the zippered bags, why did you have so many? Cathy D I hope your feeling better I saw you the other day at the hospital cafeteria but you were leaving and I was all the way on the other side of the room. Well I hope everyone has a nice day.

mari1959 said...

Hey ladies,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEAN !!!! Can't wait to next year. Cathy hope your feeling better.
Hey ladies, my car finally died. Joe and I discussing new car options. He wants a American made car. Does anyone know of one that will last (Small SUV). I seem to have trouble buying cars.

sewpam63 said...

Marianne - we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our Honda Element! Is is SO versatile!!! It was made in Ohio, no kidding! I can't say enough GOOD things about our SUV. Piecefully, Pam

Cathy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEAN!! Marianne - good luck car shopping. We have had great luck with our toyota's.
(I know it's not American). We had the camry and now the Highlander - very happy. Have a great day everyone.

quiltmamajb said...

Girls...thanks for the wishes -and thanks to Kelly, I'm home again today - so I finished the pillow cases! She'll be back to school tomorrow and I'll be back to the grind. Mare - our Honda has been very good to us - the Odyssey - and I believe it was made in the US. After today starts the countdown to Houston, 2008. We have to come up with a snazzy nickname. Pam - have you started the letter yet? Cath - how's the ear today? Lois...so excited for you. How about our own Consuelo with all those purchases - brought a little tear to my eye...so proud...like watching your child take her first steps! (Slight exaggeration - but amazing nonetheless) Hope everyone has a nice day - see some of you tonight - and we'll be in Brigantine before you know it! Piece...at 49!

Lori said...

Jean--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have a great day. Sorry to hear Kelly is still out, but glad she's not so sick that you couldn't get some sewing done.
Mare--we've had good luck with our Toyota Siena. I'm not good with cars so don't have any advice for you. Good luck with the car shopping.
Cath-hope your ear is feeling better.
Dolores--I think LA and I may drive to the Hayloft on Fri. I think LA has to play it by ear because she needs a windshield replaced(I think). IF we go are you interested?
Pam--CONGRATULATIONS again!! You should be very proud of all your work!!
Hope everyone has a good day!

Cathy said...

Girls - thanks for all the good wishes - I spend my a.m. at the ENT. Feeling MUCH better now.
Hope Kelly is feeling better!
Have a great night everyone.

Consuelo said...

Many happy returns Sylvia!