Monday, October 8, 2007

Morning Girls,

How is everyone today? Staying cool enough? This weather is something...!

About the Mystery Quilt weekend...I don't know where to begin...?! It was like some terrible B movie. The Inn Keeper was Norman Bates from Psycho-MOTHER!!! The Inn Keeper's wife was Annie Wilkes from Misery - mind your ankles! And, last but certainly not least, was our Hostess. She reminded me of Carl Childers from Slingblade - My you got purdy fabric. Did I mention she was a prison employee...?! NO, I'm NOT kidding!

Jean engaged in "criminal" activity. Dolores was in respiratory distress. Marianne had a head ache the whole weekend. And, when I wasn't being ostracized, I was being an accomplice. I think I aged 3 years this weekend.

Friday night for dinner we had one ladle of (cold)soup in a paper bowl with a plastic spoon. There was "wine cheese spread" with a plastic knife & Townhouse crackers on a paper plate - once we opened the box & removed the cellophane... Jean thought this was just the first course. WRONG! That WAS dinner!? Tequila, anyone...???!!!

Things did NOT improve as the weekend progressed. The quilt "clues" were incorrect. The air conditioning was nonexistent. Our shower must have come out of an RV. And, have I mentioned the cats...?!

As I read this, it almost makes me laugh. The circumstances were surreal. I'm glad we all survived!!!

Some good things did come from the weekend. There was fabric shopping, wine tasting, & dinner @ the Iron Horse Inn. Dolores has some news that I'll let her share with you. And, the other ladies who were trapped with us @ "Hotel Hell" were nice.

I want a refund!!!

Lori - thanks for offering to host on Tuesday. I'll be-e there. And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Cathy - you are SEW, SEW, SEW lucky you missed this weekend!!! Glad if the TATW instructions are working for you. Please, bring along your stuff so we can see it! ; )

Consuelo - you were missed this weekend, most especially!!! We are spoiled!

Peggy - how's class going? Are you Jean's star student?

Lois - are you home or vacationing?

LA - did you go to Havertown Days? How was it?

That's it for now, ladies. Have a good day! Stitch when you can! ; )
Piecefully, Pam

9 comments:

Consuelo said...

Purdy fabric...the best laugh I've had in quite awhile. Thanks! Can't wait to hear the stories. I never want to hear a complaint about Consuelo again! Also, Happy Bday Lori!

mari1959 said...

Hey Ladies,

It scary that I am HAPPY to be HOME!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI !!!!!!

Lori said...

Hi girls,
I can't WAIT to hear these stories!! We should have an entertaining bee. I told John I was having bee here, he said he'd take the boys down the basement. I told him they were fine--not like they were 3 yrs old, BUT after reading the brief blurb of the mystery weekend, I think I should take him up on that offer so that you mystery quilt weekend mamas feel free to truly EXPRESS yourselves!!!!
Have a great day!

quiltmamajb said...

Consuelo - you are a goddess! Lori - have a great birthday! I am amazed I didn't pop an appendix or something with all the laughing we did - mostly at the instructor's expense. Dolores - how are things??? Wanted to call you last night. Hey - I stuck a light green Nantucket T-shirt in someone's bag - anyone find it? Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow night! Piece...

Cathy said...

Lori - Happy Birthday. Wouldn't miss bee for anything tomorrow evening. Take care.

Peggy said...

Well, I heard bits and pieces of the weekend and read some in the blog. I can't wait to hear the whole story. Happy Birthday Lori, see you all at 7pm right?

Dolores said...

I can't wait to see everyone tomorrow night. I have to say for the record (Respitory distress and dehydration aside) I had a fun weekend. I am very fortunate to have such great friends, thank you everyone. I always knew Jean had a dark side it was just a matter of time before it came out. Happy Birthday Lori, I hope you had a wonderful day. In case anyone was wondering I am still married, not as happily has I was before the weekend, and I lost the left side of the bed, but don't worry I'll get it back.

See everyone on Tuesday

quiltmamajb said...

The dark side continues - I just wrote to Geri asking for a color picture of her finished quilt and a complete set of corrected instructions for everyone - including the side borders which hers appeared to have but the directions seemed to have left out. See you tomorrow. Piece.....

LA said...

I really can't wait until tonight...I think that is all I have to say after reading these threads!
Hope you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lori!!!