Friday, October 19, 2007

TGIF!!! It's time for the FRIDAY COUNT DOWN!!! : )

Today is the Undercover Quilter's Guild Gala, & opening of their "SIMPLY SENSATIONAL" Quilt Show!!! Please, stop by this weekend to see Peggy's Naked Ladies, Jean's class quilts & a couple quilts I put in the Show too. Use the link on the left side of the blog to check dates, times & directions. Admission is 5 bucks.

Two weeks until our Bee Brigantine Beach Retreat!!! What projects are people planning to take along to work on?!?!?! Are we going to Ike's? How 'bout Calico 'n Cotton?!

Lori - I have to agree with Jean. It's an antique quilt top. Continuing to hand piece the quilt preserves it's integrity & honors it's heritage. The quilt top found it's way to you. It is a special gift & a piece of history - give it the care it deserves & cherish the craft of quilt making! Also, I do not actually SEW with those self threading needles. I use them only to tuck in thread tails. I do all of my hand work with John James needles - whether it's betweens for hand quilting or sharps for hand applique.

Peggy - you are a STAR student!!! Look @ you having your top done - ALREADY!!! Isn't this applique?! I thought you didn't like that? You GO!!! When can we see it?! Your Naked Ladies quilt is hanging in the Guild Quilt Show! It makes me giggle!!! ; )

Cathy - your TATW quilt top is AWESOME!!! I absolutely LOVE the colors you chose! You too are a STAR student!!! Thanks! : )

Everyone enjoy your weekend, & stitch when you get the chance. Or, just call a "time out" for yourself & SEW!!! : )
Piecefully, Pam

5 comments:

Lori said...

Pam and Jean--I agree with you about the quilt top. I guess I just needed to hear someone else say I wasn't crazy for continuing to hand piece. I think I'll try a different needle. I think the one I was using was a little too thick.
I will probably NOT make it to the guild quilt show. Lindsay has the volleyball tournament on Sat.as well as a soccer game. We are leaving after the soccer game to go down to the shore overnight. Be back Sun. for a soccer game at 3ish. Let me know how the show is. Enjoy and have a great weekend.

quiltmamajb said...

Hey - isn't it three weeks till the beach - not to put a damper on things...did we change it to the first weekend in November? Fourteen pillow cases cut and ready to sew this weekend - yahoo!

Cathy said...

I thought it was three weeks also.
Congrats to Pam....have a nice weekend everyone.

lois said...

What are the congratulations for ?

quiltmamajb said...

Good question, Lois - Pam did you win a ribbon?