Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Good Evening Ladies,

Hasn't it been HOT?! I'm looking forward to the rain. That's something I don't say often! Dog walking in the wet is NO fun. But, I'd rather the cooler temps!

I did some planting in the vegetable garden on Sunday. Things are looking pretty good! I have herbs, some flowers & a couple tomatoes planted. I want to get cucumbers, a yellow squash, a cayenne pepper, maybe a pumpkin (shhh, don't tell Scott!) & a few more herbs.

This evening I was doing some machine applique. I have all the gingerbread men & their hearts appliqued. Next, I will be getting ready to stitch the snowman. I have been reading a Sue Nicekls book, "Stitched Raw Edge Applique." Actually, I've been reading, RE-reading & reading then highlighting the book!!! Scott asked if there was going to be a test?! Ha ha, isn't he funny...? She has an interesting technique couching fine threads to make stems & such. I think it would be great to use for the snowman's arms, pipe stem & such. I want to practice the technique first, but I think it looks AWESOME!!!

Jean - thanks for mentioning the machine quilting demo. I thought I missed it 'cause I arrived late to the Sew-In. I didn't want to ask. I REALLY would like to just watch how Cath, Dolores & you do free motion quilting anything - stipple, designs, words, whatever. I'm maybe going to have to look for a DVD.

Dolores - glad to hear you're feeling better! Joe LOVES you!!! How's Rocky been? Haven't heard anything about him lately?!

Cath - glad your class is SOON done! It will be nice to be off for the summer!!! ; )

Is there Bee tomorrow? I'm thinking not, but no one has said. Alright, have a nice night & good tomorrow!
Piecefully, Pam

1 comment:

quiltmamajb said...

Good morning, girls. Certainly cooler today - having trouble keeping my eyes open - very sleepy weather. I was scheduled to meet with a woman tonight but she just cancelled - so I can host - I know it's last minute but stop by if you want. Pam - would love to see your applique - and the book sounds really neat. Can you bring it along? Mare - how's J&B's quilt coming along. LA - what have you been up to, kiddo? Cath - how's that t-shirt quilt coming? Got an email from Marie Bostwick's website today (she wrote A Single Thread) - the next book comes out at the end of May - and picks up where the other one left off. Quiltmama required summer reading!!! Pam - when are you finished? Enjoy the day....piece.