Thursday, April 30, 2009

Good Morning Ladies,

Jean - thanks for posting & hosting!!! Last evenings impromptu Bee was just right. : ) Your quilts & quilting are SUPER!!! I LOVE both - the Sweet Treats Fossil & the Kaffe! Can you tell me what kind of blue thread you used? Please. I especially liked it...it looked awesome on that quilt! Excellent job, girl friend!!! Your embroidery blocks are beautiful too!

LA - THANKS for bringing that Kevin kid & letting me hold him the WHOLE time! I'm a serious baby-hog!!! : ) And, I LOVE it!!! Your Auction quilt is TERRIFIC!!! I REALLY like how you used a decorative stitch for the quilting. That's clever!!! You're crafty, girlie girl!

Lois - thanks for the seeds! I haven't planted any seeds yet, so you may just be my impetus! Thank you. : )

Mare - ooooohhh! The fabrics & the blocks you've prepped & made are LOVELY!!! : ) I can hardly wait to see the finished quilt!!! What color thread do you want to use for the quilting?!

Mo - how was the Boss?! Did he ROCK...?! Can you hear me now...? ; )

Dolores, Cath, Lori & Peggy - you guys were missed. What's new on your end? Doing any sewing?

When I got home (after talking with Nick @ the curb...) I went right to my sewing machine. I wanted to try Sue Nickel's method of couching. I used her technique + a Sharon Schamber's technique & got the arms & idiot mitten string sewn for my snowman. I even got the snowman & mittens fused. They're READY to be blanket stitched in place!!! : )

Enjoy your day! Thanks for the estrogen boost last night. Stitch when you get the chance!
Piecefully, Pam

P.S. I added a new blog to our list...

2 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Hey...last night was fun, girls. Thanks for coming. Pam - I looked at the thread spool - it's Gunold Cotty 30 wt - I looked at their website - it's thread for embroidery machines - but it worked out great - I really liked it. It comes in big spools - like the thread on Connecting Threads. I love the applique blocks - thanks for bringing them. When we have the machine quilting demo, perhaps you could show us the couching you used for the arms - what a cool technique. LA - the beach bucket is awesome! I love it. Lois - good luck with your 'bugged-out'sister and brother-in-law. Mare - the black/white/red is looking great! Read about the Bruce concert in the paper today - it sounds like it was great. Consuelo - hope you had fun. Thanks for your support with the Fassett quilt. I must say I'm liking it more now - I quilted some circles last night and I like how it looks - they'll both be finished this weekend - and given to good homes next week. Going to check out the new blog...thanks, Pam. Enjoy the day, ladies.....piece.

Consuelo said...

Bruce was awesome as usual. I've never seen him have a bad show and I've seen him plenty. It's great to feel 19 for a bit without all the hassles of actually being 19....Lois sorry I didn't get the stuff to Jean's last night. Do you want to try for tomorrow? Matt has a dentist appt at 12:00pm but otherwise I'm free so far. Let me know.