Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hello Girls,

How was your day? Warm...?! How 'bout this weather? Lois has the gardening itch - literally & figuratively. ; ) I NEED to get out & work in the vegetable garden. It's FULL of weeds & not much else!!! This evening I bought a BEAUTIFUL Susan G. Komen gerbera daisy while @ Lowe's.

How 'bout our Bee Sew-In?! I got there late. What did I miss?! Did the cake testers stop by later?

Jean - thanks for hosting us today! : ) Glad to hear you finished the Oy projects, girl friend! Were you working on the "Fossil Fern" batik quilt during Sew-In? I didn't really see...? Did you take a look @ the Kaffe charm piles? Let me know how it goes. If you need any help with his "lights" or "darks" just give a shout!

Lois - I didn't see just what you were working on either. The Breast Cancer quilt is pretty. How is Judy? Does she still quilt? And, I saw you & Dolores outside...it was like you two were making some kind of (drug, uh, quilting) deal out by your car...?! ; ) Will we soon see a completed Yellow TATW quilt?! Awesome!!! And, there was a Snowball project you were working on too, right? Geez, you're busy!!!

Dolores - you are our leading authority on Hexagons AND flannel!!! ; ) You whipstitch those little hexagons together in a mere blink! You're something!!! Thanks for sharing & teaching us! Hope you're feeling better soon. You are a quilting MACHINE!!! I am SEW glad you have Gracie!!! : )

Lor - your T-shirt quilt with the flannel backing was GREAT! And, you're working on another one?! You GO - SEW, girl! How's John been? Hey, your bunny yo-yo table runner is REALLY coming along!!! You're doing a nice job. ; ) THANKS for directing me to JoAnn's & showing me the pre-packaged Heat n Bond lite! I'm glad to have learned the "back way" out of the shopping center. Peggy talked about it in the past, but I didn't "get it."

Cath - the baby quilt is cute! : ) And, thanks for sharing stories about Kerry, her friends, fashion & the dance last evening. Not unlike Mo & the cake testing, these are things I'll never experience. I especially enjoy hearing about the kids. ; ) Thanks!

Mare & Mo - how was the cake? Were any decisions made? What did you like? Did you go to Jean's later? How is the wedding quilt coming along?!

LA - I told the Bee girls I saw you en route to Jean's. How was your day? Who won what? How's that baby Kevin doing? Is he sleeping?

Peggy - I think about you. You were missed today. I hope you had a nice birthday! ; )

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Mama's! Keep cool.
Piecefully, Pam

4 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Hello, ladies! How's it going? Hope everyone enjoyed this hot weekend - Dolores, I know you didn't! Thanks for coming yesterday - Mare came over last night and is started on Joanna & Bill's quilt - a Mark Lipinski - very nice! I sewed those nine-patches together last night and cut them and handed them to Kelly - she laid them out for me and did a nice job - the top looks nice - I don't love it but I like it a lot more than when it was just squares! Stopped over Cloth & Bobboin today to get borders and she said I was the third Quiltmama visit of the weekend - way to go girls! Also glad to hear the Joann's jaunt was successful. I'm hand sewing the binding on the fern sweet treat quilt - and maybe I can layer the Fassett one tonight - yahoo! We never got to do a machine quilting demo yesterday - when do you guys want to do that? Maureen did not get to go to the cake testing but Mare reported that is was delicious! Cath - did Kerry have fun? She must have been exhausted. LA - missed you kid....hope you had a nice weekend - it was crazy with sports - in this heat. How did Kevin hold up? Well - that's all for now - off to softball and then home to sew. Happy Monday girls.....piece.

Cathy said...

It sounds like everyone had a productive weekend. Kerry had a great time..I'll have to get some pictures from her. Saturday was fun, it's always nice to get together and stitch. Have a great week. I take my final next Tuesday night - I can't wait...summer off from school.

quiltmamajb said...

Hey, girls....I got the show book for the (formerly) Fort Washington show that will be in Oaks in September. I'm signing up for a landscape class with Jo Diggs! I'm so glad it's coming back to the area. Mare - how's the quilt coming? Have you put some squares together? Cath - good luck with your studying! Dolores - are you feeling better? Did the medicine work? Lois - did you want to free-motion the yellow quilt? If you want some help, let me know.....One more day of heat and then back to some nicer weather - I was reading one of the Aussie blogs and she was talking about the upcoming winter and knitting some socks - boy. I'm glad we're done with that for a while! Have a nice evening, ladies....piece!

Dolores said...

Antibiotics, God bless them. I feel much better. Had a nice time on Saturday, thank you Jean. I'm sorry to say I'm not doing well in the heat, had a melt down on Sunday, poor Joe, I don't know why he puts up with me. MO - thanks for taking the time to talk to Mary Kate, she feels a lot better and is not as anxious. Stay cool everyone.