Thursday, April 23, 2009

Here comes Spring & maybe even Summer...?!

Morning girls! We're making a slight schedule adjustment today due to some work being done tomorrow. So, I'm blogging @ an unusual time for me.

Since we're up, I did a load of wash & have it out on the line!!! : ) It's windy! I was going to do some weeding this morning, but with the gusty wind & passing clouds it feels too chilly to be digging in damp garden beds. Perhaps when we awaken this evening...?!

I wanted to thank you for your recent blog comments. Thanks for appreciating our blog for what it is. It helps me to know you're not bored or disappointed with it. And, I'm happy we have a place to share information & keep up with Bee, life, news, etc. I also like that you girls share links, sites & other interests useful to the blog. : ) And, Shrinky Dinks?! I SO loved those as a kid!!! You parents get to play with ALL the fun stuff all over again. I am SO jealous!!!

Jean & Lori - thank you for your reviews/opinions/information regarding fusible web. I recently have used: Heat n Bond lite, Lite Steam a Seam II, & Lite Steam a Seam. The last two products I strongly DISliked, & one I actually hated!!! I think the Steam a Seam products hold appeal to quilters because of it's packaging. It comes in five pre-cut 9 x 12" sheets in a big ziplock bag. It is also readily availble for purchase on the web. So, what I've decided to do, is GO to JoAnn's, buy Heat n Bond lite & then cut some of it into those useful, portable 8 x 10" sheets to store in the ziplock bag. The rest I'll wrap around a fabric bolt for when I need larger pieces. Ta-dah! (If anyone is going to JoAnn's between now & Saturday's Sew-In & would like to pick up 5 +/- yards of the Heat n Bond lite for me, I'd happily reimburse you!)

Marianne stopped over for impromptu Mt. Pleasant Bee last evening. She was stitching binding. She FINISHED her Southwest Quilt & it looks AWESOME!!! : ) She also got a sneak peek @ our bedroom renovation! Meanwhile, I worked @ cutting out pieces for the Santa's Blessings quilt I am starting.

I'm looking forward to our Sew-In @ Jean's! Who's coming & what will everyone be-e working on? Shouldn't we soon start the quilt for Joanna & Bill's wedding...?! Jean we're sewing 0900 til when, girl friend?! ; D Mo & LA - can you guys do a fly-by stop in for a quickie visit on Saturday & a little estrogen boost? Jean - since I LOVE Kaffe fabrics I'd be glad to help with your project...unless Mo has it managed by then...?! ; ) Organized scrappy! Gotta LOVE that!!! : )

Enjoy your day & the sunshine!
Piecefully, Pam

P.S. I miss Kevin!

2 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

It looks pretty out there today but there's a bit of chill still in the air - but near 90 on Sunday?! Crazy! Mare - hope to see the SW quilt all done - the colors are striking. Are you bringing Joanna's quilt stuff on Saturday? I have two quilts that need to be done by the end of next week - two of my student workers are graduating. One is the Kaffe squares - this kid knits and sews a bit and loves his stuff. Looking forward to some advice. We can start at 9:00 - and y'all can stay as long as you like. we don't have any games or anything on Saturday. I do have to run out for about 20 minutes at 10:30 - other than that....Dolores - I sewed together some hexagons but now I have questions - about sewing them to each other and about taking out the paper. Hope you're coming. I'm about 250 quilts into the virtual show - it's amazing! So many different ideas - it really is a totally cool hobby!!! Enjoy the summer-like temps - see you Saturday...piece.

Dolores said...

Pam I love the blog, I think its absolutely awesome. I will be there on Saturday, I'm almost finished the hexagon quilt I might bring it along to work on. I love the virtual show - I like seeing everyone's favorite quilts, they are all so different. Hope everyone is well. See you on Saturday.