Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Hi Ladies,

Consuelo & Boonie Barb - I TOLD you so/sew!!! Jennifer Chiaverini's first book, The Quilter's Apprentice" was the impetus to start me quilting!!! (watch out Mo!!!) @ my very first Lancaster Quilt Show, Jennifer was THERE!!! I bought my first books then & she autographed them. I was SEW hooked! The rest is history or herstory... ; )

Jean & Lois - cocktails on Thursday...?! Sounds good! ; )

Lori - your forward today was funny! Thanks. : ) What are you up to?

Cath - JCAHO anyone...?! How's it going?! How 'bout your Dad? I hope you are getting a teenie bit of sewing time, @ least & a bit of peace/piece for yourself!!! How is the BOM coming along?

Mare & LA - how is that Daniel quilt? Keep us posted! We want to buy chances!!!

Peggy - how is the needle punch project? Softball is over?

Dolores - what 'cha doing?

This evening I sat outside with Jingle & unpicked writing I had sewn into a quilt. You all KNOW how I HATE to rip!!! It was just BEAUTIFUL being outside though!!! During lunch I pinned 3 rows of the 2nd TATW quilt. I'll try to sew them tomorrow.

And, BIG news!!! We have little, peepy, baby cardinal birds!!! : ) We saw 3, but there may be a 4th. It's been awesome to watch!!!

Enjoy this glorious weather!!!
Piece, Pam

P.S. Jean - yep, 3 to go!!! Thanks. : )

4 comments:

Lori said...

Hi girls,
I thought I posted yesterday,but something must have happened. Anyway, I feel left out!!! Does anyone have the 1st Jennifer C. book for me to borrow. I like to read in the summer and would like to see(read) what all the fuss is about.
I have made several placemat purses (somee for the end of year teachers gifts) and the tee shirt quilt I am working on is ready to be layered. I'm hoping to get it layered AND quilted during the long weekend.
I'm getting ready to go pick up John to take to the Dr. He's having a procedure on his tennis elbow and cannot drive afterwards. He is also having an ablation to try to get rid of his afib on June 19. He's pretty nervous about that one so he has a bit of a short fuse these days. Maybe the long weekend away from work will help....we'll see.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

quiltmamajb said...

Lori - I think I have the first one. I'll check when I get home. I made some actual placemats - but then cut them incorerctly and the pattern isn't right - may turn them into something else - still pondering. I'm trying to make three small lap quilts from t-shirts/other shirts from what was obviously a very large man. It's a problem of scale! Pam - one day shift left - wahoo for you! When you're that close to vacation, don't you feel like you're hanging on by your fingernails - that the smallest thing will push you over the edge into hysteria - hang in! Hope everyone has a lovely, long holiday weekend. The weather looks terrific! What's the word on the Daniel quilt? Where is it and how close are we? Thanks....and let me know if you want chances on it.
Piece!

quiltmamajb said...

Pam - I was going to post something and it told me that my invitation had run out! Good luck on your last day!

Peggy said...

Hi Pam,
Softball has just finished. I need a few days to recoup and catch up on all of my unattended paperwork. Then I am off to sewing something. I let you know.
Have a fantastic last week. I can't wait.