Thursday, May 31, 2007

Good Evening Ladies,

In a WHOOSH today we were off!!! Mare, Cath & I were on an adventure!!! With Mare behind the wheel we found ourselves in The Hayloft?!?!?! That fabric shop in Morgantown. Now, I've heard of this place before. Yeah, it's above a grocery store. I pictured dank, dim lighting, those OLD calico's...stiff with chemicals, & yesteryear's goods. Want a sack of flour with that, Ma'am? Not so...er, SEW! It's a BIG, brightly lit, contemporary, fully stocked, current kind of place! And, it's ONLY 40 minutes away. Better still, their prices are GOOD!!! We're talking current fabric lines - Moda, Michael Miller, Alexander Henry...Chez Moi, Funky Monkey, Metro Blue, +++ for $6.29 per yard. There was Nancy Halvorsen, Dingleberries, books, patterns, notions...oh my!!! We'll be back. ; )

Next stop?!?!?! Hinkletown, to see the wizard (also known as, Mr. Zimmerman)!!! Hold on to your socks girls!!! Mare bought a sewing machine!!! Yep, a Bernina 440, stitch regulator & ALL!!! She had saved up enough pin money in her underwear drawer, & TODAY was the day!!! : ) How 'bout that?!

See, I TOLD you, the days are just PACKED!!! Thanks for the FUN & adventure. Mare, enjoy your new machine!!! ; )

Piece, Pam

P.S. It IS a blue moon...

2 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

YAAAHHOOOOOO!!!!! Mare - congrats - you're at the adult table now. That's so cool...have you sewn anything yet? You'll have to host bee so we can come and gaze upon it. And how about the Hayloft? Do you have the directions? My sister raved about it. I didn't realize it was so close. I was looking for mystery quilt weekends online yesterday and found one near Hinkletown, I think. I e-mailed them and am waiting for a response. Cathy mentioned being interested in going in the fall....who's in? Have a wonderful day - Mare - hope you're off today and are reading the manual! Piece

Lori said...

Congrats Mare!!! That is soooo cool!!! I'm anxious to as Jean said "gaze upon it"!!! Did anyone else buy anything? Fabric etc??
I'm almost finished sewing the binding on my tee shirt quilt. I am thinking of free motion quilting the year, her name and HS in the border when I'm finished. I wnated to bind it first in case I ran out of time.
I told Jean--I had an idea to make a tee shirt pillow like she did for the auction for an 8th grade graduation present(get the HS shirt that they are going to.) I also have to do the 2nd grade photo pillow for the end of year teacher present. I hope I get sewing time this weekend!!!
Enjoy the summer weather.