Friday, June 1, 2007

Good Evening Girls,

It IS Friday!!! How is your weekend?! I'm hoping it's fun, relaxing & includes some time to sew. ; )

It was warm today. I did mostly indoor things, & mostly fun stuff. ; ) I did do some hand washables & put them outside to dry - wool sweaters. In this heat? Ugh!

Jingle & I walked this evening. With his increased activity & the warmer weather he is a bit less energetic. Scott & I welcome this change.

I am working on a project for my Mom. Her 75th birthday is coming up...sew... I am using a wall hanging pattern for inspiration & as a guide. I looked through some books & pull sheets for ideas too. So far, the project has been machine pieced. I wanted to try diagonal seams & get a better feel & understanding for that piecing technique. You know, like when you sew bias strips together. It takes me a little while sometimes... Next, I think I'd like to do a border which would include pieced stars. I've not done many stars 'cause they have TRIANGLES!!! Okay, deep breath! I also want to do some machine applique. I'm thinking stars, flowers & maybe a (an old) crow too! ; ) I have been using homespuns, but don't have enough. So, I will be challenged to effectively incorporate non-homespun fabrics. So far, the project has a patriotic, primitive feel. I am liking it! : ) I can not decide if it will just be a wall hanging, or if I will make it a lap quilt or something bigger.

I received my Hancock's order today. : ) The thread is on backorder. : / The organic batting came. I didn't open it up yet. I got fabrics...Amy Butler, which are quite delicious!!! And, I bought some Kona solids. These are just to have for so/sew... I have been VERY pleased with Hancock's.

Other irons in my fire...I have a "challenge fabric" for the Cruise. We're to make a 12" block. I'm working on it...! I have also been stewing around ideas for a block I'm to make for Barb. It's for a quilter's box & will be a gift. Hmmm...?! I am continuing to read & work towards making blocks for the Scott Hallowe'en quilt too, & then there's the Kaffe Fassett Pastel Bubbles project I feel ready to work on.

Yeah, I don't have to stand around flat footed & slack jawed wondering what to do or sew next! Does anyone else feel that way too?! I LOVE it!!! : ) Sometimes I find it difficult to NOT become overwhelmed, & unable to focus or be productive. Again, another challenge for me. I like it. It's good experience for me.

I am also VERY interested in learning to sew some garments - a jacket, a skirt & perhaps a halter top. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Amy Butler's patterns & designs!!! I don't think I can wait for Barb's Sewing Camp. I am thinking I might soon start, @ least by re-tracing the pattern pieces to the Pattern Ease stuff that I bought @ The Hayloft. I'll cut that out & then have a pattern with more longevity. I'll read the pattern directions another 85 times, take a deep breath, pin the pattern to my fabric & CUT!?!?!? And then SEW!?!?!?

Ooh, there's the valance project too for the living room! Again, I haven't decided what I want to do. I'm still mulling it over, dreaming about it & thinking on it...

Mare - how are you doing?! Have you tried that new machine yet?! We're all waiting with baited breath to hear something from you...?!

Piece. Out.
Pam

No comments: