Friday, June 22, 2007

We had FUN!!! : ) THANKS girls for yesterday's Road Trip!!! Geez, where do I begin...?!

Okay, I admit it, I was SHOPPING!!! I did not go with you ladies when you all went fabric shopping on Friday & Saturday during the Lancaster Quilt Show weekend. (I did go along Friday evening though!) So, it had been awhile since I was out fabric shopping. That said, I did some serious damage @ yesterday's stores! ; ) Thanks for your support, patience & shopping aid!

Leigh Anne wins the "too cute" prize! : ) First, she allowed a woman with lace to go before her in the cutting line, "She just had lace." according to LA. All of a sudden, said lady whips out a roll of black ribbon..."I'll take 55 1/2 yards.", she says to the Sauder's cutting girl. Daggers were flying!!! The NERVE!? Next, on to The Hayloft - Leigh Anne was practically in a tizzy!!! Oh my gosh, Sauder's had the pattern that Burkholder's didn't, AND The Hayloft has the Chez Moi fabrics, & they're on sale!!!...!!!...!!!... Think, pee pee dance, girls! ; ) Quick, I need the car keys, I left my coupon out there, AND I NEED to check the pattern for fabric requirements!!! Okay, let me put these bolts of fabric down first. Back inside, a little out of breath & flush with excitement, Leigh Anne can't find her pile of bolts, "Where is "my" fabric?!?!" Processing...okay, okay, okay - almost running, she finds & hugs her bolts of fabric!!! Breathe! All this, & she's STARVING!!! Leigh Anne bought R-E-A-L fabrics for the FIRST time!!! Too cute, LA!!! I just LOVE you!!! : )

Honestly, that was MY highlight!!! I'll tell some other tales, but that was the BEST one! Also, LA - thanks for the Mary Engelbreit magazine with the Kaffe Fassett article. See why I love you sew...?! ; )

Mare - thanks for your "family stories." Your household is WILD!!! Scott & I lead such sedate lives. You're welcome here any time!!! Thanks also for - talking with us about your new machine & sharing the cost. I'm sorry if I put you on the spot. Others don't know what an "unbelievable deal" is if we don't tell them!!! Thanks for the lime green & polka dot fabric! And, thanks for the newspapers, which I left in Jean's car...?!

Cathy - you were pooped, girlfriend. I'm glad you came with us!!! I hope you are ENJOYING your day OFF!!! : ) Best of luck with your (pia) FIL! Good news about your Dad...keep it up!!! How's the Shore? Did you go to Calico 'n Cotton?!

Jean - THANKS for driving!!! You rock!!! : ) Hey, the THREE Uncle quilt are DONE!!! They turned out better than I expected, I know you were struggling with them a bit. Nice job! The place mats are WAY cool too!!! What a clever use of fat quarters & decorative stitches. I like the cabana fabric you bought! Could I see the dogs & cabanas pattern you have, please?! I will email you a bunch of OCMD stuff. I have to think on it & get names & street numbers & stuff. I may have some coupons too. And, would your girls be interested in a kite?! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to fly kites @ the Beach. I downsized, & have a decent diamond kite that they could have! Let me know.

Dolores - you DIDN'T buy any flannel!!! Do we need to check your temperature?! Are you feeling alright?! Did you go to work today...?! ; ) I love your Moda's, Amy Butler too!!! The apron pattern is way cute. : ) Start thinking about that new machine...put away the overtime bucks & charge just a smidge more for the quilts you sell. Buying a good used machine is smart & saves you $!!!

Lois - it was FUN to have you join us!!! : ) Did you survive?! ; ) Did George?! The height measuring panel you bought is quite clever & cute!!! Now you know where the fabled Burkholder's & Sauder's shops are, plus The Hayloft too!!!

For those that came in for a cookie & drink, thank you. : ) I/we were glad you stopped by, & I enjoyed our show & tell. Please don't be overwhelmed here. Remember, we don't have children. We are ALL blessed, but in different ways. My life has not always been like this.

Our studio has evolved over time. It's important to "quilt where you are!!!" My mentors, & sources of tangible inspiration & motivation are Barb & Karen. It doesn't get any better than that!!! : )

Thanks for sharing with me. I am SEW fortunate to be a part of your sewing circle & call you friends. : )
Piece & Love, Pam

No comments: