Thursday, June 28, 2007

Morning Girls,

Is everyone holding up in the heat? I hoped the storms would have cooled things off a bit today. The tomatoes & weeds are flourishing!!! Jingle doesn't like wearing a black, fur coat. He does, however, kind of like the hose... ; )

Yesterday I made 2 decorative pillows for in the studio! I used the chopped up Ikea slip covers & a curtain. I used the black & ivory stripe for the pillows & made red piping. I like them! Earlier in the week I made seat protectors for the rockers using the stripe on one side & the toile on the other. I am also working on the valances in the living room. I am having FUN!!!

Next, I have clothing repairs & alterations to make. Some of the items we'll need for the cruise. I better get my butt in gear! I still am planning on working on the Kaffe Fassett Pastel Bubbles project & the Scott Halloween quilt too! And, there's garment construction I want to do too. SO/SEW many projects & not enough time...?!

Jean - thanks for coordinating the Mystery Quilt Weekend event. It should be LOTS of fun!!! I will stop over a check & a kite tail for you sometime today. Are you ready for the Beach?!

Mo - I read, but will need to re-read your emails. Thanks for ALL of your organization & planning efforts! We're a little bit like herding cats... I'll send you an email later about which dates & things I/we can do!

Hope everyone has a terrific day!!!
Piece, Pam

5 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Pam - the pillows sound really cute. I was just looking at some pillow patterns last night - I was reading magazines while Kelly was starting to sew her sherbet quilt together - she got two rows done! Lots of pre-vacation errands to do today. I was kind of hoping for cooler weather too. The burning questions - at least in my mind - LA - have you started the Take 5 quilt? And Dolores - how about you? Have we started cutting or are we still stroking? Everyone have a nice day.....try to stay cool! Piece....

sewpam63 said...

Mama Jean,

I have a check & a kite tail to stop off @ your place today. I'll just tuck them in your mail box, alright?

Look @ Kelly sewing!!! I LOVE that, & her too!!! ; ) Way to SEW!!!

Okay, someone fill us in on LA & Dolores...?!?!?! Take Five, Penny Candy?! Started? Finished?

Bee cool...
Piece, Pam

Dolores said...

Sorry I missed another meeting. I started cutting for the Penny Candy quilt, but I really want to do that Take 5 quilt. I'm having trouble with a baby quilt I'm doing for my sister. When I'm free motioning (is that a word) the thread keeps breaking. I cleaned the inside of my machine I changed the needle and changed the bobbin. It's getting very aggravating. Does anyone know what might be my problem, except for the obvious. I think I'm going to have to ditch it and start a new one. Jean have a great vacation. Lori, How is you husband, good I hope. Pam I'm so jealous you are off for the summer, it sounds like fund just putering around the house. Stay cool.

quiltmamajb said...

Dolores - what kind of thread are you using? I run into problems anymore with Coats & Clark - I try to use only Gutterman thread - or the one that Pam recommends - Mettler. That usually solves my problem. If it's a decorative or variegated thread - lots of them recommend a different size needle right on the spool. It's a tremendously aggravating thing when that keeps happening! Good luck - Pam is truly the thread doctor- - she'll have some good advice. Take care....

sewpam63 said...

Dolores - I sent you an email regarding your thread breaking. Did you get it?! I hope things improve!!!; )

Piece, Pam