Saturday, September 8, 2007

Good Evening Girls,

How is everyone doing? It's been kind of a full weekend, hasn't it? I've seen several of you here & there throughout the weekend.

First, thanks to ALL for supporting Maureen during this difficult time. It is important for us to hold each other up, to lend a hand & make our presence felt. I feel SO blessed & thankful for each one of you. I am SO impressed & inspired with how strong & united our little group is. Mo, we will continue to be here for you. There will be good & bad days. Know you are loved & cared for.

Next, for those who went to Cloth & Bobbin, I thank you too. I think it is SEW important to support a LOCAL fabric shop. The prices aren't like Lancaster or Jo-Ann's, but neither is the inventory! She is an independent proprietor providing what we NEED & WANT...quality fabric & notions!!! Hooray for Johanna! Sew...what did you think about the shop?

Since I did mention Jo-Ann's...Scott & I dropped off 5 pieces of art work there the other week, & using their 60% off coupon, we had everything framed. (I used their service for a piece I bought in Houston & was quite impressed with the quality of their work.) We picked up all 5 pieces on Thursday evening. They turned out nice!!! We now have Maryland blue crabs hanging in our bathroom, Ocean Music in the living room, River Rays in the kitchen & there are 2 pieces we've not yet hung. Yep, we're staying. It's been kind of FUN to actually buy things instead of just "find" them @ a thrift shop or yard sale.

I am perhaps halfway done grid quilting the Dresden Plate project. It's B-I-G!!! I think I want to quilt swirls or hearts in the centers of the Plates too. I'm getting there...?! What is everyone else working on?

I think I'm the only person who is planning to go to Guild on Monday. Will there be a Bee this week? Let's "talk" about it & see what's up!

Enjoy your evening & stay cool.
Piecefully, Pam

3 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Mo - hope you're hanging in there - the Mass was beautiful. Hope you had some time this evening to relax and unwind. Pam - thanks for going over to the Cloth & Bobbin - what a cute shop!! She has some beautiful fabric - and so close by. Very handy. Pam did not mention that she has two quilts displayed there and is going to teach her 'Drive me crazy' quilt in a class (isn't that what Consuelo calls it?)This week on Tuesday is back-to-school night so that leaves a few of us out - I don't have anything Thursday night and would be happy to host. Have volleyball Mon, Wed and Friday. Can't wait to see the Dresden Plate quilted. Did Lori take the Puzzle quilt with her to Cheeseland to sew on the binding? Peggy - have you started any new projects? Who is going to the autism walk on Saturday? Do we know any details yet? Where to go, where to park? Hope to see some folks this week.......have a peiceful Sunday!

Cathy said...

What a beautiful tribute to Maureen's dad. I can make it Thursday night. Can't wait to see your quilt Pam - it sounds beautiful. We're going to the autism walk to Saturday. I don't know any details. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

LA said...

Hi everyone, yesterday was a moving celebration of your dad Mo. You are a strong person, but please know that your in everyone's thoughts and prayers so shout if you need anything. I didn't make it to the new shop, but am hoping to this Thursday morning...anyone interested? We are in for the walk next week too. Not sure if there are any plans yet, but if everyone wants to meet in one spot and caravan down we can...I can pick up some doughnuts for the kids in the morning. I think things begin around 8am, but the walk starts around 10am. Lori - hope you had a nice getaway with your family. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!