Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Good Morning Girls,

Jean had sent an email talking about the Undercover Guild & their upcoming Quilt Show in October. I was thinking...ya know ALL those sea gull kits we bought "down the shore?" Well, what if we got together & put the wall hangings in the Show?! We could have our very own, Flock of Sea Gulls!!! : ) Wouldn't that be-e FUN...?! Jean, I think it's GREAT that you have 2 quilts you're going to put in the Show!!! I am working on my Dresden Plate project, fast & furiously!!!, in hopes of having it ready for the Show... And, I suddenly realized that I need a name for it, I can't just call it the Dresden Plate project. Any thoughts or suggestions? Is anyone else going to put something in the Show?!

Speaking of our Guild...is anyone going to our first meeting of the season on Monday 9/10? I am thinking about it. I like Asian inspired quilts & needle work, plus, I am interested in sashiko. So, I am trying to talk myself into getting up, getting ready & going.

I received "new" directions for the Mystery Quilt Weekend in yesterday's mail. What's different? I haven't looked that closely.

Is anyone planning on attending the Grand Opening of Cloth & Bobbin this weekend? If sew, when? Does anyone want to try to coordinate & go together?

Girls, that's about it for now. Enjoy another day of NICE weather!
Piecefully, Pam

2 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Are the Naked Ladies going to be in the show? I hope so....the Quiltmamas who aren't in the guild - this is a really nice show - you should check it out. It's in the community center in Brookhaven. We'll post more details as it gets closer. It is the weekend of October 20, 21st. Pam - not sure if I'm going to the meeting on Monday. I was going to mail in my registration if not. In the updated mystery quilt instructions - I think there were changes in some of the cutting sizes. I was going to try to go to the Cloth & Bobbin maybe Saturday afternoon - looking forward to seeing your things hanging up! Hope everyone has a nice day....piece.

Lori said...

Hi girls--
I will not be at the grand opening of Cloth and Bobbin. We will be in Green Bay for the Packers/Eagles game. Our flight home is on Mon. so will not make the guild meeting either. I have just started thinking of what to put in the show. What do you think of the Hany Quilt(I only have mine, but could retrive the others--should I put them as a group--judged or not?) HELP--decisions.
Everyone have a good day.
Maureen--thinking of you. Yell if you need anything.