Thursday, September 20, 2007

Okay, there's NO pressure here...!?!?!? ; ) Can you say B-U-S-Y...?!?!?!

Seriously, good evening all you Quilt Mama's out there in QuiltMamaLand!!! Leigh Anne, you are just too cute, & I LOVE you!!! : )

Bee on Tuesday was few, but full. And, abbreviated, but plentiful! There was Jean, our Host!, Dolores & me. Of note...Dolores & I gave $$$ to Jean for the upcoming Mystery Quilt weekend. And, we discussed the B & B, what a Mystery Quilt weekend is, what to expect, etc. FUN! : ) Dolores brought show & tell - a GORGEOUS strippy with jelly roll quilt top that she made using Moda's Shangralia-ahhh fabric!!! Plus, a cardigan sweatshirt she embroidered for a Nun. Don't ask about the daisies...Vegas, baby! Dolores - you truly have a really GOOD color sense & savvy!!! Jean hasn't had enough time in her sewing room lately, but she did make a pillowcase, & we finished early so she could go sew!!! ; ) I brought a Barbara Lavallee calendar that I got in Alaska. I'll try to add her link some other time, or you could simply google her. Jean got a peek @ my Pleasant Plates project as it's evolving. Since we ended early, I stopped @ Hallmark on the way home to pick up a few cards...uh, AND a Vera Bradly Metro bag!!! Danger, danger Will Robinson...! ; )

Following Bee, now I knew I had the correct Mystery Quilt directions, but I had trouble understanding them. Yeah, I re-wrote mine. I chose my fabrics & have begun cutting them. I LOVE them!!! I had planned on using Christmas fabrics, & with a few additions from my stash I am using Moda's Maison deNoel fabrics that I've been coveting for 2 years now. : ) They are more of a low contrast than high, but I figure I may achieve that Kaffe Fassett look I find so appealing. Dolores is waiting for some of her fabrics to be delivered from Hancock's...!!! ; )

I gotta go get ready for work! Will try to blog more later. Enjoy for now!
Piecefully, Pam

1 comment:

mari1959 said...

Hey Ladies,

Went to my class in Hinkletown. Loved It !!! Going to take another one soon. They are filled up on the Bernina till the spring. I am hoping to take a BSR class then. They are having a Special fall program w/ Nina McViegh from Bernina in Oct I'm thinking of attending. They have me hooked !!

Pam, I stopped at the Thrift shop and it was GREAT. Even got to Hayloft before class. Sorry, Lori.