Thursday, January 15, 2009

Good Afternoon Girls,

I hope everyone is indoors & warm!  It is ChIlLy & to get cHiLlIeR!!!  I'm thinking tea & quilts!!! It doesn't get much better than that.  ; )

Cath - thanks for hosting the Quilt Mama's last evening.  And, for allowing me to "leave" Dolores' light with you...  Did you start your snowman basket yet?  ; )  Hey, thanks for sharing your Piece O' Cake books too!  I just LOVE the whimsical Christmas one.  Too cute!

Lor - I think it's WONDERFUL that you have your batik Santa still on display!!!  That was a LOT of HARD work - ENJOY him!!!  Did you get the t-shirts?  And, did I miss the beginning of your conversation?  Are you & John doing a master bedroom/bath/closet addition too?!

Jean - look @ you being SEW organized!!!  ; )  I LOVED your list!  I will try to include wedding, fabric links from last evening's conversations in this blog post.  Let's see if I can get ALL of them...?!  Your IRISH quilt is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!  Did you give it yet?  Did he LOVE it?!  You took pictures of the quilt, right?!  Your quilting was spectacular!!!  Thanks for the inspiration! Do you want me to give you the Quilter's Newsletter magazine with basting spray reviews?  Do you want the name of the Mountain Mist fusible batt?  Do you want to borrow my quilt halo?

Mare - glad to see you're feeling better!  Thanks for sharing wedding stories with us!  ; )  I seriously don't know how you Mom's do it...?!  Did you call Mr. Zimmerman @ Hinkletown yet?  Here's the # girlfriend:  717-354-0204.  I understand that Mr. Zimmerman is starting to have his children take over the business.  I can't remember his son's name, but I do know & very much like Rachel.  Good luck!

Lois - we are continuing to think about you & yours.  We're hoping & praying for the best. Perhaps you can find a little solace in sewing.  We missed you last evening.

OK - here's a link to Purl Bee again...it's already on our blog, but Jean pointed out the Wedding Wheel quilt.  Then there was the website that allows you to design your very OWN fabric.  They're called Spoonflower.  Then there was THE Purl Bee wedding @ Martha Stewart!  There were home made napkins, a coordinating fabric table cloth for the cake table & then the Wedding Wheel quilt, hand knit socks, etc., etc!  Sounds VERY lovely & WAY organized... Browse the links for yourself & maybe you'll be-e inspired too...

Thanks girls for looking @ my Bunny Hill snowman basket block.  I was SEW excited with it!!! I'm glad I made the commitment to make this one by machine ONLY!  We'll see if I can stick to it...?!  ; )

Enjoy your evening.
Piecefully, Pam

P.S.  If I missed anything, please chime in!!!  

5 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Hey, girls.....how's it going? Bee was lots of fun. Cath - I loved your Piece O' Cake books. I gave Michael the quilt yesterday - I think he was really touched. Pam - I think I like your idea of thread basting in some areas of the painted quilt top and using the halo when quilting.....that's on this years list but it's not next in line. I want to do my snowman BOM - yours is adorable. I'm hoping to get it finished during this three day weekend. Lois....I hope you're hanging in there. We missed you. Mare...I forgot (it wasn't on my list) to ask about the wedding quilt for J&B....when do we want to get started? A while back we'd mentioned a weekend at the shore in February...are we doing that? Have you had a chance to check out the wedding links that Pam included? You are a busy woman! Enjoy the weekend, girls! Piece....

sewpam63 said...

Jean - I forgot to mention what a GREAT idea you had about making a "year of table runners" for your Mom. : ) Doing them throughout the year, as the seasons & holidays approach is SMART, smart, SMART!!! That way, by Christmas the gift is DONE & ready!!! It'll just need a bow!

I also wanted to talk about the Bunny Hill BOM project. I think the large size block/measurement for the basket fabric is to afford enough fabric to make the handle using a bias strip. Otherwise, the handle or fabric will NOT have enough "give" to bend. I cut one big basket fabric block & used it to make a bunch of bias handles. Then I set aside enough basket fabric for the upcoming 11 months. Does that make sense...Mare, Jean, Lor, Cath, Bueller, Bueller, anyone...?! ; )

TGIF! Enjoy your (3 day!) weekend, girls. : )
Piecefully, Pam
P.S. I actually put my BOM on Anne's Flick'r Group! C'mon QM's!!!

Cathy said...

Hope everyone is staying warm and doing a little stitching. Lois - how is your Mom? Hope all is well.
Mike and Kerry are going on the youth group skiing trip January 30 - February 1. Anyone up for a sewing session? I can have everyone Friday night or Saturday morning - let me know what is best for everyone and we can plan it.
Stay warm!!

quiltmamajb said...

Cath - thanks so much for the offer. I'm in for either....and I can bring snacks!!!! Thanks again....have a lovely Sunday, y'all! Piece.....

quiltmamajb said...

Hey, girls. Heard that LA and little Kevin were pretty sick this week with the flu....hope you're both feeling better. How's Sean - I saw the girls at basketball. Lois.....hang in there. I hope you can take some comfort that your Mom is in a good place - with folks looking after her, regular meals, etc. They'll take good care of her and she'll be less confused once she gets used to it. If we can do anything, please let us know. Pam - how's the foot feeling? Hope everyone else is feeling/doing well. I'm sorry I can't host this Wednesday - Erin has a basketball game and I haven't been there in a while. This is the last Wednesday game - alleluia! Take care girls.....go EAGLES! Piece.....