Monday, January 12, 2009

Memory Jar


Good Afternoon Mama's!

Isn't the sunshine nice?  It's COLD outside though don't be fooled!  Are you inside?  Working, having a cup of tea, taking a break, taking a nap, stitching, reading a book, doing chores, surfing the web... Whatever you are doing I hope you're warm!

I continue to be side-lined.  Scott has forbidden me to go out or to drive @ least until Wednesday.  And, I guess that's OK 'cause I don't have any place I must be.  So...sew, I have been hand stitching.  I got two Amaretto Rose flowers stitched & have begun a third.  : )

I know this is a bit late, but I wanted to share with you a New Year's Eve tradition that Scott & I have.  Throughout the year we keep a Memory Jar. We put small bits & pieces of our life into a large clear glass jar that can usually be seen on top of our entertainment center. We add movie stubs, tags from luggage, empty thread spools, greeting cards, a wine cork, fortunes from Chinese take out, sea shells, a program from an event we attended, color swatches, or whatever interesting tidbits we collect & seem important @ the time.  On New Year's Eve we take the jar down & during the course of the evening we each take turns pulling something from the jar & remembering that event.  It's our way of celebrating the year, appreciating where we've been & feeling content where we are!  We (usually) empty the jar on New Year's Eve & begin anew on New Year's Day.  Often the first things to go into the Memory Jar are our Christmas cards to one another.  So, the jar isn't empty very long.  It's become a homey & happy tradition for us.  Our celebration was a bit later this year due to our trip to York, but that's OK - we still did it!  : )

May your day be warm & wonderful.  Stitch when you get the chance!  GO EAGLES!!!
Piecefully, Pam  

2 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Pam.....what a nice tradition. I've enjoyed the different blogs that have looked back over the year in quilts - also a nice idea. How's the ankle? Not the best way to slow down - but nice to take advantage of this opportunity to slow down and rest. Hope everyone is doing well. Talked with Lois tonight....her Mom is in the hospital. Please keep her and her whole family in your prayers. I'm looking forward to Wednesday night - bagging this week's game - need the estrogen/'mama fix. Hope to see y'all there.....take care and stay warm! Piece....

Lori said...

Pam,
Hope you are up and around and feeling better. I may need a road trip at the end of this week. I just got a request for a tee shirt quilt. She's going to drop the shirts off Wed. afternoon hopefully. Let me know if you are feeling up to it.
Mare how are you feeling?? Are you back at work this week?
Lois-how's your Mom?? Anything we can do??
How are all the other Quiltmama's??
Stay warm this week!!!