Thursday, January 8, 2009

Good Morning Girls,

Here's a picture from last evening's Bee!
Lori put together this gorgeous quilt top using her Dad's flannel shirts & Kona cottons.  She used one of the patterns from the Pincushion Boutique.  Didn't it turn out GREAT?!  Way to sew, Lor!

Using the truck/digger flannel Leigh Anne made valances!!!  LA, are they for Sean or Kevin? She whipped up the 3 valances yesterday.  With 4 children LA I just can't imagine HOW you do it...?!  What kind of vitamins do you take?  Oh, I wanted to tell you that the Head Nut carries quinoa.  ; )  And, congrats to your sister!!!  : )

Mo busted into a pattern, charm packs & jelly rolls & then saw she had to CUT the jelly roll...so & NOT sew, she rolled everything back up nicely & put it away.  She needs help using a rotary cutter.  And, plans are underway in her home for a kitchen remodel & some general changes & sprucing up!!!  ; )  Neat-o, Mo!

Mare is "stove up."  Does anyone else use this term?  It came from my athlete husband & his family.  It means injured/sore/side-lined.  She's not able to have wine due to medication.  We NEED to get her sewing machine fixed!!!  I'm starting to think intervention?!  ; )  Thanks for the macrobiotic books Mare, I think...?!

Cathy has a CrAzY neighbor across the street!!!  We heard stories...& oh boy?!  Also, Cathy will host Bee next week, but on Wednesday again.

I received a lovely surprise pack of fabric in yesterday's mail from Mary Jane @ The Christmas Shoppe!!!  Thanks MJ!  : )  And, I have begun quilting the Alaska quilt.  Just in a grid.  It may be boring, but it's seriously "Get 'er DONE!"

Alright ladies, have a nice day & enjoy this bit of sunshine following ALL that rain!  I was getting soggy.
Piecefully, Pam    

1 comment:

quiltmamajb said...

OY!!! So sorry I missed last night. Sounds like a lot went on....Lori - the quilt top is just gorgeous! I love it. LA - how about you finishing those valences already? Is your sister expecting?That means a baby quilt. Consuelo....the kitchen plans are going forward - cool. When are you available for rotary cutter lessons? It's just like a pizza cutter - no sweat! Mare - what's up with you? What did you hurt? Does this have anything to do with the new mattress? Is it your back? Cath - thanks for hosting next week - and can't wait to hear some Upland Rd news...what's in the water over there? How is everyone else doing? I'm really enjoying all the blog links on the front page - I like seeing all the other projects. Anyone else make a list of projects to do this year? Hope to see you all soon - and definitely next Wednesday - need my Quiltmama fix. I talked to the organ donor quilt lady yesterday - I'm going to down to see her at her office on January 29th around noon - if anyone wants to come along, let me know, ok? Have a nice day....piece.