Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good MORNING Girls!

I am wondering if our new President is a quilter...?! Or knows someone who is...?! During his inaugural speech I was certain I heard him say..."...patchwork heritage..." So, I looked up the text & yep, there it is!!! : ) As stated by our 44th President, Barack Obama, "For we know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness." Did anyone else catch that?!?!

OK, onto other business...
>Yes LA, mace IS a spice too! Not just a weapon! It's an outer covering on the nutmeg. It's flavor is more pungent or intense than nutmeg.
>And, for those who eat instant oatmeal, steel cut oats are supposed to be better for you. It's kind of like eating 100% whole wheat bread as opposed to white bread.
>About vitamins - I use a general multivitamin daily! I actually buy Target's brand of Centrum.
>Bright jelly rolls may be found @ the Fat Quarter Shop. Oh my, they have quite a lot to choose from, Jean! You might want to solicit Dolores's expertise for this. ; )

I think that does it for now, girls! Have a good day. : )
Piecefully, Pam

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Ladies - how about next Saturday 1/31/09 for our sew-in anytime after 9 would be great....hope to see everyone!!

Consuelo said...

Next Saturday works for me if I can bring Matt. Jean will be there at 9:00am sharp. She's not kidding!

Consuelo said...

Pam....you really frighten me sometimes :)

Lori said...

Hi ladies!
Does anyone have the cupcake pincushion pattern by Cindy Taylor Oates that I could borrow???
Thanks!

quiltmamajb said...

Hey....can't wait till next Saturday. That sounds great. I'm looking for jelly rolls - still not finding exactly what I'm looking for but half the fun is the search. I'm reading so many blogs while I'm looking - crazy! That cupcake pattern is adorable but I don't have it. Saw it in Houston. Tomorrow is going to be near 50! Alleluia! Get outside for a breath of air....take care ladies....piece.

Cathy said...

Maureen - of course you can bring Matt - looking forward to seeing everyone.