Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sewing Saturday!

Good Evening Ladies,

It sure was GOOD to see everyone today!!!  Cathy, we ALL thank you for hosting!  ; )  It felt good to chat, share, inspire, be-e inspired & simply commune with one another & each other.  I appreciate you spending time with me today. Your gifts fill my soul with happiness & goodness.

I was amazed with what you girls are stitching.  Jean - you ROCK, girl friend!!!  You had the Mary Poppins bag of sewing!!!  Thanks for sharing/showing your special silk screened Irish quilt.  It's quite beautiful!  : )  I still think the year of table runners is a GREAT idea!!!  I absolutely LOVE, LOVE your reverse appliqued heart wall hanging.  : )  The "stained glass" flannel quilt is cuddly & cheerful - just what's needed in the chilly Winter months!  Speaking of Winter...your snowman BOM is adorable!  You had a Disappearing 9 Patch too, right?!  Nice. Yep, that WAS a Mary Poppins bag!  Thanks for lending me the 2 Anka's Treasures books!  LA - may you feel our care & our prayers.  It's natural to worry, but the power of + thinking is an amazing tool.  Stitch love, care, hope, friendship & whatever else into that quilt for your Mom! She will LOVE it & FEEL all that it holds.  Squeeze that Kevin for me!  The pillows you made are CUTE!  Did you get vitamins yet?!  Lois - I'm glad you're doing the Bunny Hill BOM too! Your snowman is CUTE!!!  I hope you enjoy paging through the Seed Saver's Exchange catalog. I always like dreaming of gardening just about this time of year.  ; )  Cathy - we're glad you had all of us over today.  We needed an estrogen boost!!!  I REALLY like your BOM snowman block too! Your basket fabric rocks that block - nice!  And, I'm glad if I could help you with the "magical pillowcase."  It's not difficult to do & gives a nice end result.  SEEING is much easier than reading the directions!  Mare - how are your curtains coming along?  I'm glad you called Hinkletown.  Now if you can just get there...!?  Did you get an elliptical?  Go girl!  ; )  What fabrics are you using for your snowman BOM?  Thanks for the plastic sleeve protector things. I gave a box to Lor!  Dolores - thank you for sharing your jelly roll & layer cake books with me. It's pretty amazing ALL the things you can do with those jelly rolls!!!  Thanks for helping Mo with using the rotary cutter today.  Did she inspire you?!  Did you make a quilt when you got home?!  : )  Thanks for taking the organ donor blocks & getting the project started.  Hey, put on your mouse ears & have FUN!!!  Mo - I saw you cutting!!!  You are looking pretty much like a Q-U-I-L-T Mama, girl friend!!!  ; )  Way to go, errr, SEW!  How 'bout you, did you make a quilt when you got home?!  Peggy - it was GOOD to see you!  I hope things are going as well as can be expected.  May you take a few stitches when you can from time to time.  Or, drink a beer instead...?!  ; )  Lor - glad if you got a moment to stop by.  It was nice to see you too.  What are you sewing lately?

Alright girls, I've been droning on forever.  Peace, piece & enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Piecefully, Pam

P.S.  Mo offered to host Bee on Wednesday...weather pending.  ; )

3 comments:

quiltmamajb said...

Pam - excellent recap - there was a lot going on. Cath...thanks for having us. Did all the skiers make it home safe & sound....limbs intact? That was directed more towards the adults! It was nice to see everyone. We haven't all been together in ages. Maureen...I'm sorry my camera was not working - to capture your rotary cutter moments. The pattern and fabrics you have are terrific. Dolores loved them and that says it all! Can't wait to see the top finished. Hey....I checked Bunny Hill and they don't have February's block up yet......come on, people....let's get with it. I know it's Sunday, but still......women don't rest on Sunday! If you're watching the Super Bowl....enjoy the game...if (like me) you're planning on sewing while everyone else is sitting in front of the tube...enjoy that too! Piece.

sewpam63 said...

Jean - each *new* Bunny Hill BOM is to be posted on the 5th of the month. Sorry! We all have to wait. : / It doesn't mean we can't clamor though! I don't know if you are able to view the BOM blocks without joining the Flick'r group, but there are 80 photos posted. It's fUn to see them all. : ) Thanks for participating Quilt Mama's!

This afternoon I finished the binding on the Churn Dash studio quilt!!! : ) Now I just have my thread ends to tuck in.

I am perhaps 1/2 way finished the binding on the Alaska quilt. I'm making progress! That's all that counts. ; )

I have to layer, baste, quilt & bind my "schnibble" next. It was a quick & neat-o project to do!

Enjoy "the game." Stitch when you get the chance. And, enjoy this sunshine too!

Piecefully, Pam

Dolores said...

Cathy thank you so much for hosting yesterday, I had a great time.

Jean, I was working on the donor quilt this morning,and it appears that we are missing the #17 block. I have searched through all the stuff, I counted & recounted and it does not seem to be here. I'm doing my best not to panic, but if I lost it I will never forgive myself. Jean, let me know if you remember seeing it when you picked them up and I will keep looking on this end.