Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hi There Quilt Mama's,

Awww, those Eagles...  Did anyone go to the game...Joe Byrnes...?!  Did you watch it?  I saw most of the last quarter.

Well, I didn't think I'd be saying 34 degrees is warm!  Let me be honest here, walking Jinlge when it's 6 outside makes me LOVE Shelby more...  Shhh, don't tell!  ; )  Jake came to our backyard for a visit today!!!

Lois - I'm glad to hear that your Mom is getting good care.  It's is SO hard not living nearby. We will continue to keep your family in our thoughts & prayers.  Thanks for the update.  Please, let us know if there's anything else we can do.

LA - how are you feeling?  And, Kevin?  Was it the flu?!  If it was, I know just how you were feeling.  : (  I am hoping you & yours are well now!!!

Cathy - thanks for the end of the month offer for a "sew-in!!!"  I think it sounds terrific!  : )  I too am available.

My ankle is alright.  It's continuing to heal.  Thanks for asking, Jean.  I have returned to dog walking, but I'm not going as fast as Jingle would like, or me either...

Guess what?!  I finished quilting my Alaska quilt!!!  Hooray!!!  I machine stitched the binding to the front late this afternoon & trimmed my batt & backing.  Now all that's left to do is the whip stitch the binding to the back & I like that part!  It feels like a relief.  : )

I am hopeful that tomorrow I can pin baste the Churn Dash quilt.  I'd like to get it ready for machine quilting.  I NEED to use it!!!  ; )  I have to piece the backing, & I need to make the binding yet too.  On Friday Scott & I visited Narberth where I picked up variegated red quilting thread to use on the Churn Dash.  I also left my finished Amaretto Rose block with Johanna. Who knows...I may or may not teach hand applique sometime using that block...?!

I have plans to finish machine appliquing the circles on my Kaffe Fassett Pastel Bubbles top too! Forward momentum, right!?  Get 'er done!  ; )

I return to work tomorrow night.  It's been a nice Winter Break, but somehow I never feel "ready" to go back.  So, no Bee for me this week either.  Nor next week.  I have a mandatory staff meeting next Wednesday evening.

Enjoy this evening & the flurries coming down.  Have a nice hot cup of tea & take a couple stitches if you can.
Piecefully, Pam  


1 comment:

quiltmamajb said...

Hey...I watched the fourth quarter also - know what I was doing before that? I BOM'd! And I finished it after the game was over. It was fun. Pam - can't wait to see the Alaska quilt all finished. You have to give that back to them for a while....it that right? Did you see some shots from Pat Sloan's Caribbean quilt cruise - now there's something we should consider! Sleep tight! Piece.....