Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hello Girls,

What would anyone think about having Bee here tomorrow (Wednesday) evening?  Jean has a commitment this evening, & the weather looks like it may be a challenge.  What do you think?

And then there was two...  I'm embarrassed to admit this, but now there are TWO Santa's living in my potting shed...?!  I carried a second one home yesterday (different than the first one).  Trash pick-up was running late & Jingle & I discovered another blow mold Santa that needed to be rescued.  ; )

I've been doing some web surfing, recipe browsing & healthy diet learning.  Is anyone familiar with quinoa?  What about chia seeds?  Ground flax seeds here or here?  Does anyone have experience using raw or turbinado sugar?  A week or so ago I was hunting for a way to make steel cut oatmeal using the crockpot.  I found several.  Using them as a guide I made up my own recipe & gave it a whirl.  It turned out YUMMY (and that's a LOT coming from me 'cause I've been trying to eat the gloopy stuff for over a year now : P)!  Anyway, I'm gonna make it again overnight tonight.  If it turns out good, I'll share my recipe if you're interested?!  I REALLY like The Head Nut for the myriad of unusual ingredients I am sometimes wanting to buy.  OK, I hope I'm not making your head explode with all this non-quilting/sewing health stuff!

I am trying to work up the creative spirit to do some quilting!  I need to quilt the Alaska quilt already!  I've solicited opinions & suggestions, none of which I feel compelled to do.  I am thinking basic, simple...boring.  We'll see what happens?!  Wish me luck...

Stay tucked in if you can.  Have some tea & take a few stitches.
Piecefully, Pam 

6 comments:

Lori said...

Pam--tomorrow night would be good for me. John is in Austin for work and getting another opinion about his afib and won't be home until Thurs. Tonight looks kinda rough weatherwise, so I'm in for tomorrow. I plan on picking up the kids from school and hoping basketball is cancelled so that I don't have to leave the house again tonight!!

Did everyone get the email from Hancock's about their sale???
Stay dry and warm ladies!!!

quiltmamajb said...

Tonight is looking not-so-great right now. I'll be leaving soon - hope it's not icy out there. Pam - I haven't tried the other things - but I have eaten ground flaxseed in yogurt and stuff - it's not bad and very good for you. Thanks for the reminder that it's in my cabinet - have to break it out and see if it's stale - most likely. The Head Nut is a cool place - and totally crazy around the holidays. Pretty soon you're going to have to hook Jingle up to some kind of wagon to cart home your 'found treasures'! Keep up the good work - reuse and recycle! Have a nice evening everyone....piece.

Cathy said...

Pam - tomorrow evening sounds great. Everyone stay safe and warm.

mari1959 said...

Pam--yes I have used all of these things, many years ago when my dad was on his macrobiotic diet--I did all of his cooking..I still use raw sugar and flaxseed and alot of wheat germ. They are in many of my foods like meatballs,pizza dough and other things. Don't tell my children they still don't know my true recipes. Hope to see everyone tomorrow.

LA said...

Hi Pam - Tomorrow sounds great. I have your plate from the party and Jingle bags. My cousin uses quinoa all the time. I can not find it in the supermarket, but I am still looking...talk more tomorrow. It is really late and icy out. Stay warm. Be careful in the morning everyone. Love, LA

quiltmamajb said...

Hey...can't make it tonight.....sorry. Erin has a basketball game - Burkie is her coach so I'm Kelly's date. What a gray day...wish I was home sewing! Take care.....catch up to you ladies soon.....piece.